What do you do if you have been involved in Road Traffic Accident, that was not your fault, with an uninsured driver?

An uninsured driver can come in many forms:-

  • It may be that the vehicle is insured but the owner allowed his friend to drive even though he isn’t insured and doesn’t have his own policy
  • The driver has stolen a vehicle that has insurance but the thief does not
  • The owner has taken out a policy but the insurers have cancelled the policy and declared it void
  • Untraced vehicle and owner, you have been the victim or a hit and run.

In normal circumstances the procedure is very straight forward, if you are hit by another driver we simply make a claim for compensation to the other drivers insurance company. If the driver isn’t insured or drives away without you being able to take the details you maybe be left thinking your claim is hopeless. This isn’t necessarily the case and here at TPF Law we have successfully dealt with hundreds of claims that we put to the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB).

Motor Insurance Bureau

MIB was established to compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced motorists. They are a non-profit organisation that was set up and is funded by UK insurers specifically for the purpose of helping hit and run accident victims in this position. This means that all Insurance companies are obliged to pay into this fund, the fund that we may be able to successfully claim from in the unfortunate event of you being involved with an uninsured or untraced driver.

Call us today, explain your individual circumstances and we will discuss the merits of your claim. Do not assume you have no where to go with this claim as our experts have helped hundreds of clients, in exactly the same position as yourself, make a successful claim for compensation.

Contact us today!

Your Name: Your Telephone Number: Your Email Address: Your Enquiry: